Organizar borradores

Foros de Discusión
Foros de Discusión
Inicio · Buscar · Ayuda

Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
 Richard Rodgers Jersey 
Autor Mensaje

Mensaje sin leer Richard Rodgers Jersey
Now about his offense..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Scaling the RocksPebble ReportRockpileRockies Game ThreadsRockies Fan ExperienceRockies Player ReviewsTony Wolters bounced back on defense in 2018New Andrew McCutchen Jersey ,22commentsNow about his offense...ByHayden Kane@hwkaneOct 28, 2018,7:00am Tony Wolters bounced back on defense in 2018You’re reading the 2018 edition of Ranking the Rockies, where we take a look back at the season had by every player to play for the Rockies in 2018. The purpose of this list is to provide a snapshot of the player in context. The “Ranking” is an organizing principle that’s drawn from Baseball Reference’s WAR (rWAR). It’s not something the staff debated. We’ll begin with the player with the least amount of rWAR and end up with the player with the most. o. 21, Tony Wolters (0.3 rWAR)There are a number of images you could take away from the 2018 season for Tony Wolters. You could remember the clutch hit to win the NL Wild Card game, a legitimately good swing where he stayed in on an off-speed pitch. Or you could take away the hope that he is truly a good defensive catcher, with his 2017 struggles behind the plate appearing to be a fluke caused by injuries and fatigue. Or if you’re the glass-half-empty-type, you might focus on how bad his offense was overall.And it was bad. His 48 OPS+ puts him down with Noel Cuevas and ahead of only Pat Valaika and Daniel Castro. His .170/.292/.286 slash line is unsightly, and as the non-adjusted OPS comes into style as a mainstream statistic http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , you can note that his .577 OPS is better than only the aforementioned Valaika and Castro. You can look at it any way you want — Wolters was a bad hitter in 2018, and it’s probably who he really is at the big league level unless you really try extra hard to convince yourself that his pleasantly good 2016 wasn’t an outlier. The good news for the Rockies was that Wolters bounced back with his glove. Elite in 2016 and bad in 2017, Wolters proved that he still provides value on defense. Catcher defense is notoriously hard to measure, but the soft receiving that made him a pitch-framing wizard appeared to be back. Between that and the rapport he appears to have with this young pitching staff, Wolters clearly can provide value.But where does that value fit? The underwhelming offense from Chris Iannetta and Tom Murphy this past season combined with Wolters’s struggles made catcher a black hole in the lineup. For a team that was ultimately undone by bad offense, that’s a position where they could upgrade. Wolters fits the profile of a solid back-up catcher in a lot of ways. He is good defensively. He is versatile. He’s clearly well-liked in the locker room and appears important to team chemistry. There’s a place for him, but ideally in a scenario where the Rockies are getting much better offense from their other catcher. If they aren’t, Wolters is likely to be part of another catching group that nets the team negative value over the course of a long season.But hey, who wants to end on a negative note when we’re talking about TFW? Let’s watch that game-winning hit again. PEORIA Gregor Blanco Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — Seattle Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto completed his morning routine Tuesday then headed out for a jog. It was only 3 ½ miles, a minuscule total for a lifetime runner like Dipoto who used to take weekly jogs of 10 to 12 miles.But it was the first time he had run more than mile without stopping since he was hospitalized during the baseball winter meetings in December with blood clots in his lungs.“It used to be something for all my life I enjoyed doing and gives you a chance to clear your mind, gives you some semblance of shape and for a couple of months I wasn’t able to do it,” Dipoto said. “This morning for my initial foray into going three miles or longer without having to stop and allow myself to catch up, it was fun.”The 50-year-old Dipoto had a hectic offseason, his fourth in charge of the Mariners, as he overhauled Seattle’s roster in the hopes of creating a contender in two or three years rather than remaining on the fringes of the postseason. Seattle won 89 games last season, but still finished eight games out of the wild card race, leading to an offseason that featured nine trades and a handful of free agent signings.One of those trades stands out above the others because of how it was completed. When Seattle acquired Edwin Encarnacion from Cleveland in exchange for Carlos Santana http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-evan-longoria-jersey , Dipoto had to give a thumbs up from his hospital bed in Las Vegas. He’d been taken there a day earlier after feeling ill for several days and suffering from chest pains. Dipoto’s illness left manager Scott Servais and assistant general manager Justin Hollander to finish up the details of the trade.“I think that was a little overblown. … We had done 90 percent of that trade before I had to go to the hospital and Justin and Scott saw it through,” Dipoto said. “I was sitting there giving them a thumbs up with an IV hooked up. I barely remember it. Justin still fills me in on some small details of it.”The situation was scary for Dipoto and his family. But other than having to take it easy for the first few weeks after being hospitalized, the only major changes Dipoto had to make were adding a battery of medications and limiting his running. It’s not the first time Dipoto dealt with blood clots but he noted there had been a two-decade gap between issues.“I’ve been through a fair bit in my life and it’s cultured me to deal with it,” he said. “Scares my wife every time but hopefully this is the last of them, at least for a while.”

17 May 2019, 20:12
Responder al tema   [ 1 mensaje ]